Uttar Pradesh take first innings lead over Baroda
Kanpur: Thanks to Arish Alam`s unbeaten century and Mohammad Kaif`s 83-run knock, Uttar Pradesh took the first innings lead over Baroda on the second day of their Group B Ranji Trophy match here on Sunday.
Replying to Baroda`s first innings total of 254 all out, the hosts resumed day two on 18 for no loss and eventually took an upper hand by the time stumps were drawn.
UP were 301 for six at the end of the second day`s play, already having a lead of 47 runs, with Alam not out on 100 and Amir Khan on three here at the Green Park stadium.
Overnight batsmen -- openers Tanmay Srivastava and Mukul Dagar, after resuming the day on 10 and 4, respectively -- failed to provide a solid platform to the team as both of them got out cheaply.
Dagar was the first one to get out at an individual score of 13, while Srivastava (23) soon followed his partner.
Captain Suresh Raina (25) and Parvinder Singh (11) also could not get going, even as one-down batsman in Mohammad Kaif held on to his wicket at one end.
At 94 for four, the hosts were in trouble, still needing 1601 runs to overtake their opponents` first innings score.
But Kaif found an able support in Alam and together they managed to steady the boat.
The duo put on an 160-run stand for the fifth wicket before Kaif valuable innings came to an end. His 83 off 205 balls was studded with six hits to the fence.
By the Kaif fell, UP had already equalised Baroda`s first innings score.
Alam then continued with Piyush Chawla for a while before the latter got dismissed for 23. Alam`s unbeaten ton came off 201 balls and with the help of 12 fours.
For Baroda, Gagandeep Singh was the pick of the bowlers with three for 62.
Baroda 1st inngs: 254
UP 1st inngs: 301 for six in 94 overs (Arish Alam batting 100, Mohammad Kaif 83; Gagandeep Singh 3/62).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo