Vahora, Bhatt defy Tamil Nadu to take Baroda to 191/9
Vadodara: Tail-enders Murtuza Vahora and Bhargav Bhatt defied all the odds to put up a 63-run stand for the final wicket as Baroda reached 191 for nine at stumps against a formidable Tamil Nadu side in the Ranji Trophy group league encounter here today.
Bhatt joined Vahora when Baroda were 128 for nine on a seaming track where seamer V Yomahesh ripped through the middle-order grabbing five for 25.
Vahora remained unbeaten on 45 while Bhatt contributed 23.
Save skipper Ambati Rayudu who scored 54 with the help of five fours and a six, none of the reputed batsmen made any significant contribution. Among the top nine, only Aditya Waghmode reached 20 apart from Rayudu.
The best part about the partnership between Vahora and Bhatt was that they defied the Tamil Nadu pace trio of Jagannathan Kaushik, Sunil Sam and Yomahesh for 30 overs.
Both Kaushik and Sam got two wickets apiece.
Brief Scores: Tamil Nadu 191/9 (Ambati Rayudu 54, Murtuza Vahora 45 batting, V Yomahesh 5/25).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news