Vahora, Bhatt defy Tamil Nadu to take Baroda to 191/9
Vadodara: Tail-enders Murtuza Vahora and Bhargav Bhatt defied all the odds to put up a 63-run stand for the final wicket as Baroda reached 191 for nine at stumps against a formidable Tamil Nadu side in the Ranji Trophy group league encounter here today.
Bhatt joined Vahora when Baroda were 128 for nine on a seaming track where seamer V Yomahesh ripped through the middle-order grabbing five for 25.
Vahora remained unbeaten on 45 while Bhatt contributed 23.
Save skipper Ambati Rayudu who scored 54 with the help of five fours and a six, none of the reputed batsmen made any significant contribution. Among the top nine, only Aditya Waghmode reached 20 apart from Rayudu.
The best part about the partnership between Vahora and Bhatt was that they defied the Tamil Nadu pace trio of Jagannathan Kaushik, Sunil Sam and Yomahesh for 30 overs.
Both Kaushik and Sam got two wickets apiece.
Brief Scores: Tamil Nadu 191/9 (Ambati Rayudu 54, Murtuza Vahora 45 batting, V Yomahesh 5/25).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali