Vahora, Bhatt defy Tamil Nadu to take Baroda to 191/9
Vadodara: Tail-enders Murtuza Vahora and Bhargav Bhatt defied all the odds to put up a 63-run stand for the final wicket as Baroda reached 191 for nine at stumps against a formidable Tamil Nadu side in the Ranji Trophy group league encounter here today.
Bhatt joined Vahora when Baroda were 128 for nine on a seaming track where seamer V Yomahesh ripped through the middle-order grabbing five for 25.
Vahora remained unbeaten on 45 while Bhatt contributed 23.
Save skipper Ambati Rayudu who scored 54 with the help of five fours and a six, none of the reputed batsmen made any significant contribution. Among the top nine, only Aditya Waghmode reached 20 apart from Rayudu.
The best part about the partnership between Vahora and Bhatt was that they defied the Tamil Nadu pace trio of Jagannathan Kaushik, Sunil Sam and Yomahesh for 30 overs.
Both Kaushik and Sam got two wickets apiece.
Brief Scores: Tamil Nadu 191/9 (Ambati Rayudu 54, Murtuza Vahora 45 batting, V Yomahesh 5/25).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?