Vidarbha get three points against Tamil Nadu
Nagpur: Vidarbha earned three valuable points thanks to the significant contribution made by their lower middle-order as they went past Tamil Nadu`s first innings score on the final day of their Ranji Trophy group B match which ended in a dull draw.
Tamil Nadu had to remain content with just one point.
Resuming the day on 214 for 2, overnight batsman Shalabh Shrivastava (28) was dismissed early. Former Indian batsman Hemang Badani failed to open his account and was dismissed by pacer Lakshmipathy Balaji.
Balaji too accounted for opener Faiz Fazal`s wicket who scored 143 runs, including 21 boundaries in his almost nine-hour long innings.
He was dismissed with the score reading 282 for five, still 161 runs behind in reply to Tamil Nadu`s score of 443.
Just when it seemed that Vidarbha would fall short of Tamil Nadu`s first innings total, skipper Ranjit Paradkar (62) and young batsman Gaurav Upadhyaya (30) steadied the ship for the hosts.
Paradkar struck eight fours in his half century. Srikant Wagh, who came in at No 8 scored a quick-fire 87 ball 83 laced with 10 boundaries and three sixes.
Debutant Sumit Ruikar knock of 67 runs in just 71 deliveries including four boundaries and a six. He remained unbeaten along with Amol Jungade (28) when the match ended.
For Tamil Nadu, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Vijay Shankar and R Aushik Srinivas managed to get two wickets each.
Tamil Nadu first innings: 449 for eight decl
Vidarbha first innings: 566 for eight in 181 overs (Faiz Fazal 143, Shrikant Wagh 83; Vijay Shankar 2/52)
Result: Match drawn.
Points: Vidarbha 3, Tamil Nadu 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh