Vidarbha get three points against Tamil Nadu
Nagpur: Vidarbha earned three valuable points thanks to the significant contribution made by their lower middle-order as they went past Tamil Nadu`s first innings score on the final day of their Ranji Trophy group B match which ended in a dull draw.
Tamil Nadu had to remain content with just one point.
Resuming the day on 214 for 2, overnight batsman Shalabh Shrivastava (28) was dismissed early. Former Indian batsman Hemang Badani failed to open his account and was dismissed by pacer Lakshmipathy Balaji.
Balaji too accounted for opener Faiz Fazal`s wicket who scored 143 runs, including 21 boundaries in his almost nine-hour long innings.
He was dismissed with the score reading 282 for five, still 161 runs behind in reply to Tamil Nadu`s score of 443.
Just when it seemed that Vidarbha would fall short of Tamil Nadu`s first innings total, skipper Ranjit Paradkar (62) and young batsman Gaurav Upadhyaya (30) steadied the ship for the hosts.
Paradkar struck eight fours in his half century. Srikant Wagh, who came in at No 8 scored a quick-fire 87 ball 83 laced with 10 boundaries and three sixes.
Debutant Sumit Ruikar knock of 67 runs in just 71 deliveries including four boundaries and a six. He remained unbeaten along with Amol Jungade (28) when the match ended.
For Tamil Nadu, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Vijay Shankar and R Aushik Srinivas managed to get two wickets each.
Tamil Nadu first innings: 449 for eight decl
Vidarbha first innings: 566 for eight in 181 overs (Faiz Fazal 143, Shrikant Wagh 83; Vijay Shankar 2/52)
Result: Match drawn.
Points: Vidarbha 3, Tamil Nadu 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH