Wagh help Vidarbha restrict Maharashtra to 282
Nagpur: Vidarbha closed in on Maharashtra`s first-innings total of 282 after left-arm pacer Shrikant Wagh shone with a five-wicket haul in their Group B Ranji Trophy match, here on Sunday.
At stumps on the second day, Vidarbha were 123 for three in 55 overs, with opener Faiz Fazal and Hemang Badani unbeaten on 59 and 25 respectively.
Fazal struck eight fours in his unconquered 159-ball stay at the crease and spent close to three hours at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground.
Vidarbha now trail by 159 runs with seven wickets remaining in their first innings.
Resuming on 227 for three, Maharashtra could add only 55 runs to their overnight total as Wagh ran through the middle-order to wrap up the visitors` innings in 122.1 overs.
Wagh accounted for the wickets of centurion Virag Awate, skipper Rohit Motwani, Kedar Jadhav, Chirag Khurana and Samad Fallah to return impressive figures of five for 23.
Vidarbha skipper Sairaj Bahutule picked up two wickets for 67, while Akshay Wakhare and Fazal accounted for a wicket apiece.
Maharashtra: 282 all out in 122.1 overs (Virag Awate 126, Sangram Dilip Atitkar 45; Shrikant Wagh 5/23).
Vidarbha: 123 for 3 in 55 overs (Faiz Fazal 59 batting, Samad Fallah 1/31, Domnic Joseph 1/8).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark