Wasim Jaffer bereaved as father passes away
Mumbai: Mumbai`s senior opening batsman Wasim Jaffer today lost his father who passed away at the Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra following a brief illness.
Abdul Kader Jaffer, a former bus driver with the BEST (Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport) undertaking, was 78, according to sources.
Former Test opener, Jaffer was recently declared the Man of the Match for scoring a century in the Ranji Trophy final against Saurashtra, which Mumbai won for the 40th time by an innings inside three days.
He has also been included in the Mumbai team that will take on the Rest of India in the five-day Irani Cup tie at the Wankhede Stadium from February 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city