Young Rawal scores a ton as Delhi pile up 523/9 vs Vidarbha
Nagpur: Young left-hander Vaibhav Rawal`s impressive show continued as he scored a century to help Delhi pile up a massive 523 for nine declared on the second of their final group league encounter against Vidarbha.
At stumps, Vidarbha were 20 for one with left-arm seamer Pradeep Sangwan cleaning up former India opener Shiv Sunder Das.
The day belong to young Rawal who scored his second first-class century of the season having scored his maiden ton against Tamil Nadu on debut.
The left-hander showed enormous patience batting close to six hours scoring 104. He faced 226 deliveries and hit 15 fours. He had a very fruitful partnership with veteran Rajat Bhatia (68, 136 balls, 7x4, 1x6) as they added 152 runs for the sixth wicket having joined hands at 262 for five.
While Rawal dropped anchor at one end, Bhatia did hit a few big blows. Both Bhatia and Rawal were were out in quick succession but Delhi`s lower-order batsmen showed a lot of grit.
Puneet Bisht (26), Sumit Narwal (39) and Pradeep Sangwan (37, 35 balls, 3x4, 2x6) added useful runs which took their total past 500. Narwal and Sangwan added 68 runs for the ninth wicket.
For Vidarbha, Sandeep Singh, Akshay Wakhare, Shrikant Wagh and Gaurav Upadhyaya took two wickets apiece.
With Odisha fighting it out for an outright win against UP, Delhi bowlers now have 180 overs to get the remaining 19 Vidarbha wickets which will help them get into the knock-out stage of the competition.
Brief Scores: Delhi 523/9 decl (Vaibhav Rawal 104, Unmukt Chand 82, Rajat Bhatia 68, Mithun Manhas 54).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan