Zaheer gets a wicket as MP reach 191/5 after Mumbai score 304
Indore: Young Satyam Choudhary remained unbeaten on 73 as Madhya Pradesh reached 191 for five in reply to Mumbai`s first innings score of 304 in a Ranji Trophy group league encounter at the Holkar Stadium here on Sunday.
Satyam and former India colts player Harpreet Singh (26 batting, 5x4) added 37 runs for the unbroken sixth wicket stand when stumps were drawn. Satyam hit 11 boundaries in his undefeated knock and hosts now need 114 runs to surpass Mumbai`s first innings total.
Discarded pace spearhead Zaheer Khan didn`t look menacing enough as he bowled 17 overs to take the wicket of rival skipper Devendra Bundela who was bowled for eight.
India A players Naman Ojha and Jalaj Saxena also didn`t get many runs although the former looked in great touch as he smashed six fours in his 26-run knock.
Mumbai captain Ajit Agarkar was the most successful bowler taking two for 43. Iqbal Abdulla, Abhishek Nayar and Zaheer got the other wickets.
Earlier, opener Kaustubh Pawar completed his third century in first-class cricket as Mumbai finished their first essay at 304 largely due to the 42-run final wicket partnership between Pawar and Javed Khan who smashed a quickfire 27 with three fours and a six.
Pawar carried his bat through the innings remaining unbeaten on 111 with 16 hits to the fence. He batted for six hours and 20 minutes facing 323 deliveries in the process.
Medium pacer Ishwar Pandey was the most successfl bowler taking six for 54.
Brief Scores: Mumbai 304 (Kautubh Pawar 111 no, Ankeet Chavan 44, Ishwar Pandey 6/54).
Madhya Pradesh 191/5 (Satyam Choudhary 73 batting, Harpreet Singh batting 26, Naman Ojha 26).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?