Zaheer to play for Mumbai against MP
Mumbai: Ageing India pacer Zaheer Khan, who performed disappointingly in the just-concluded four-Test series against England, has been included in the Mumbai team for the crucial Ranji Trophy Group A league match, to be played against Madhya Pradesh at Indore from December 22-25.
Zaheer had opted out of the two-match T20 series against England commencing at Pune from Thursday after being omitted for the last Test at Nagpur, which resulted in a draw and provided the visitors with a 2-1 series victory, their first in 28 years, after playing in the first three Tests without much success.
Zaheer would open the bowling for Mumbai, now placed sixth in the league table with 14 points from six games and need to win their last two games in order to nurture any hopes of qualifying for the knockout rounds from the pool, with captain Ajit Agarkar.
39-time champions Mumbai, who are to end their league engagements with a game against Gujarat, would be without their key batsman Ajinjya Rahane who has been picked for the two T20 Internationals against England.
The squad: Ajit Agarkar (Capt), Wasim Jaffer, Zaheer Khan, Nikhil Patil (Jr.), Dhawal Kulkarni, Kaustubh Pawar, Abhishek Nayar, Suryakumar Yadav, Hiken Shah, Aditya Tare, Iqbal Abdullah, Javed Khan, Sufiyan Shaikh, Ankit Chavan and Vishal Dabholkar.
Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister