Ranji: Bees stop play for a while
Cuttack, Jan 29: In a virtual replay of the semifinal match at the Barabati stadium here, a swarm of bees stopped play for a while on the opening day of the Ranji Trophy Plate group final between Orissa and Himachal Pradesh yesterday.
Orissa captain Pravanjan Mullick and Niranjan Behera were at the crease in the post-lunch session when the bees invaded the ground forcing the players and umpires to fall flat on the ground to avoid the insects.
The invasion lasted barely two minutes after which play started again.
A similar occurrence had taken place on the first day of the Plate group semifinal between Orissa and Assam at the same venue on January 10 last.
The large beehives hanging from the roof of one of the galleries were removed before the second one-day international between India and West Indies here on January 21.
But the bees made an appearance today stalling the proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why