Ranji Trophy starts from Dec 7, Karnataka, Mumbai in Group A
New Delhi: The BCCI tournament committee has decided to kick start the current domestic season with the Duleep Trophy starting October 15 while the prestigious Ranji Trophy will start from December 7 and continue till March 12.
The Duleep Trophy will be a three-week affair from October 15 to November 3.
With 50-over World Cup in Australia and New Zealand slated in February-March next year, the BCCI will conduct the National One Day Championship from November 7-25. The zonal phase will be held from November 7-14 while the Vijay Hazare Trophy for the knock-out phase will be held from November 19-25.
The Deodhar Trophy inter-zonal one dayers will be held between November 29-December 3.
The Ranji Trophy`s group league fixtures will be held between December 7-February 8 followed by the quarter-finals between February 15-19. The two semi-finals will be held between February 25-March 1 while final will be held from March 8-12.
The Ranni Trophy will be followed by Irani Cup from March 17-21 while the zonal leg of the National T20 Championship for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy will be held between March 25-28.
The final leg will be played from April 1-7.
The Ranni Trophy groupings have also been done with almost all the top teams like defending champions Karnataka, 40-time champions Mumbai, formidable Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu are all clubbed in the same group.
Delhi are in a relatively less tough group with notable teams being last year`s runners-up Maharashtra and Punjab.
Ranji Trophy groupings
Group A: Karnataka, Bengal, Mumbai, Railways, Uttar Pradesh, Baroda, Tamil Nadu, Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh
Group B: Maharashtra, Punjab, Gujarat, Saurashtra, Rajasthan, Delhi, Vidarbha, Haryana, Odisha
Group C: Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Hyderabad, Andhra, Assam, Tripura, Jharkhand, Services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in