Ranji Trophy starts from Dec 7, Karnataka, Mumbai in Group A
New Delhi: The BCCI tournament committee has decided to kick start the current domestic season with the Duleep Trophy starting October 15 while the prestigious Ranji Trophy will start from December 7 and continue till March 12.
The Duleep Trophy will be a three-week affair from October 15 to November 3.
With 50-over World Cup in Australia and New Zealand slated in February-March next year, the BCCI will conduct the National One Day Championship from November 7-25. The zonal phase will be held from November 7-14 while the Vijay Hazare Trophy for the knock-out phase will be held from November 19-25.
The Deodhar Trophy inter-zonal one dayers will be held between November 29-December 3.
The Ranji Trophy`s group league fixtures will be held between December 7-February 8 followed by the quarter-finals between February 15-19. The two semi-finals will be held between February 25-March 1 while final will be held from March 8-12.
The Ranni Trophy will be followed by Irani Cup from March 17-21 while the zonal leg of the National T20 Championship for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy will be held between March 25-28.
The final leg will be played from April 1-7.
The Ranni Trophy groupings have also been done with almost all the top teams like defending champions Karnataka, 40-time champions Mumbai, formidable Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu are all clubbed in the same group.
Delhi are in a relatively less tough group with notable teams being last year`s runners-up Maharashtra and Punjab.
Ranji Trophy groupings
Group A: Karnataka, Bengal, Mumbai, Railways, Uttar Pradesh, Baroda, Tamil Nadu, Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh
Group B: Maharashtra, Punjab, Gujarat, Saurashtra, Rajasthan, Delhi, Vidarbha, Haryana, Odisha
Group C: Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Hyderabad, Andhra, Assam, Tripura, Jharkhand, Services.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive