Regan’s ton in vain as Goa suffers second defeat
Margao: An unbeaten century by Regan Pinto went in vain as hosts Goa suffered their second consecutive defeat, losing by six wickets to Tamil Nadu in the South Zone U-19 Vinoo Mankad Trophy at the Nehru Stadium here today.
V Ganga Shridar took charge for Tamil Nadu with a half-century as they chased down the target of 198 with 13 balls to spare.
Earlier, electing to bat, Goa failed to put up a fighting total as they managed just 197 runs for the loss of eight wickets in their allotted 50 overs.
Pinto batted patiently to remain unbeaten at 102, with the help of eight fours, even as wickets fell at the other end at regular intervals. Other notable contributors were opener Amogh Dessai (25) and Darshan Misal (37).
For Tamil Nadu, Mohammed, Nirmal Pereswamy and Baharat K claimed two wickets each, while Ashwin Karat and Aprajit shared a wicket apiece.
Shridar played a sheet anchor role to be the top scorer for his team with 74 runs and shared a second wicket partnership of 129 runs with Aprajit R N, who made 45.
He then shared a 43 runs partnership with Inderjit (25 not out) for the fourth wicket, before he was caught by Amogh off Darshan Misal.
Shridhar’s knock was studded with six fours and two sixes.
For Goa, Sayyed Badiuzzama, Darshan Misal, Ganeshraj Narvekar and Keenan Vaz took one wicket each.
Tamil Nadu, who defeated Kerala in their opening match, now have nine points from two matches while Goa, who lost to Karnataka by 65 runs yesterday -1 point to their credit.
In an other match at the Porvorim Academy ground, fine bowling by R G More and J Suchit who claimed three wickets each guided Karnataka an easy seven wicket victory over Andhra Pradesh for their second successive win.
Batting first, Andhra found the going tough and collapsed like a pack of cards to be all out for a paltry 87 in 37.2 overs. Only Chirla was able to cross the double figure mark as he made 24.
Karnataka’s RG More and J Suchit claimed three wickets each.
In reply, Karnataka, overhauled the target in just 18.2 overs.
Sashandra K was the main contributor scoring 41 runs, while Shreyas (18) and R Samarth (13) helped in completing the formalities.
SM Basu was the most successful bowler for Andhra Pradesh, taking two wickets.
Karnataka, who collected five points including a bonus point yesterday, have now taken their tally to 10 points from two matches.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh who defeated Hyderabad yesterday by 88 runs have four points from two matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'