Saha to lead East Zone in Deodhar Trophy
New Delhi: Bengal`s Wriddhiman Saha has been appointed captain of the East Zone team for the upcoming Deodhar Trophy, scheduled to be played in Guwahati from March 10.
Besides the wicketkeeper-batsman, promising pacer Shami Ahmed and left-arm spinner Iresh Saxena are the other players to have made the 15-member squad from Bengal.
Assam have been rewarded for reaching the final of the Vijay Hazare one-day tournament, with five players from the state making it to the squad.
Abu Nachim Ahmed, pacer Pritam Das, Shiv Shankar Roy, Gokul Sharma and Pallav Das are the ones to have been selected from Assam.
The 24-year-old Das, who hails from Silchar, finished as the leading wicket-taker in the just-concluded Hazare tournament.
The team will be leaving from Kolkata on Thursday.
Three players each from Orissa and Jharkhand have been picked in the side.
While Basant Mohanty, Bipalab Samantray and Gobind Poddar are from Orissa, Jharkhand will be represented by Ishank Jaggi, Saurabh Tiwari and Shahbaz Nadeem.
Mani Shankar Mura Singh is the only Tripura player to have made to the squad.
Squad: Pallav Das, Shiv Shankar Roy, Ishank Jaggi, Gobind Poddar, Saurabh Tiwari, Wridhman Saha (Captain), Mani Shankar Mura Singh, Pritam Das, Basant Mohanty, Abu Nachim, Shami Ahmed, Bipalab Samantray, Gokul Sharma, S Nadeem, Iresh Saxena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!