Sreesanth shines with 4 wickets as Kerala take day one honours
Malappuram: India discard S Sreesanth took four wickets as Kerala bowled out Jharkhand for a mere 120 and then scored 165 for one on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here today.
Apart from paceman Sreesanth, who gave away just 28 runs in his 10.1 overs, Sandeep Warrier (2/38) and CP Shahid (2/13) took two wickets apiece after Kerala invited visitors to bat.
Jharkhand Wicket-keeper Shiv Gautam was the highest scorer for them with his 30-run knock while Rameez Nemat (21) Sunny Gupta (20) were the notable scorer.
Kerala then made a strong reply, ending the day a comfortable 165 for one after losing opener A Hegde in the first ball of the innings.
V Jagadessh (77) and Robert Fernandez (86) were at the crease when stumps were drawn for the day.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 120 all out in 32.1 overs. (S Gautam 30; S Sreesanth 4/28)
Kerala 1st innings: 165 for 1 in 55 overs.(R Fernandez 86 not out; Jaskaran Singh 1/45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender