Sreesanth shines with 4 wickets as Kerala take day one honours
Malappuram: India discard S Sreesanth took four wickets as Kerala bowled out Jharkhand for a mere 120 and then scored 165 for one on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group C match, here today.
Apart from paceman Sreesanth, who gave away just 28 runs in his 10.1 overs, Sandeep Warrier (2/38) and CP Shahid (2/13) took two wickets apiece after Kerala invited visitors to bat.
Jharkhand Wicket-keeper Shiv Gautam was the highest scorer for them with his 30-run knock while Rameez Nemat (21) Sunny Gupta (20) were the notable scorer.
Kerala then made a strong reply, ending the day a comfortable 165 for one after losing opener A Hegde in the first ball of the innings.
V Jagadessh (77) and Robert Fernandez (86) were at the crease when stumps were drawn for the day.
Jharkhand 1st innings: 120 all out in 32.1 overs. (S Gautam 30; S Sreesanth 4/28)
Kerala 1st innings: 165 for 1 in 55 overs.(R Fernandez 86 not out; Jaskaran Singh 1/45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister