Delhi beat Punjab in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
Gurgaon: Delhi beat Punjab by six wickets in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy cricket match here on Monday.
Punjab chose to bat first after wining toss at TERI cricket ground here.
Punjab scored 160 runs in 20 overs as Gurkeerat Singh smashed 55 runs off 41 balls.
Playing for Delhi, Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir scored 76 runs for the first wicket.
Gambhir remained not out on 68 runs with the help of six boundaries and two sixes.
Sehwag made 36 runs, with seven boundaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez