Gautam Gambhir named in Delhi squad for Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
New Delhi: After featuring in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, struggling opener Gautam Gambhir will now play for Delhi in the Inter-state Twenty20 league for Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy as the selectors named him in the 15-member squad today.
The squad, to be led by Rajat Bhatia, includes under-19 World Cup winning captain Unmukt Chand, apart from the seasoned Mithun Manhas.
Vijay Dahiya was named coach of the side by the selection committee, which met here under the chairmanship of former cricketer Chetan Chauhan.
The player will report for practice on Monday.
Squad: Rajat Bhatia (C), Gautam Gambhir, Unmukt Chand, Mithun Manhas, Puneet Bisht, Sumit Narwal, Parvinder Awana, Pawan Negi, Milind Kumar, Varun Sood, Jagrit Anand, Vikas Tokas, Kshitiz Sharma, Dhruv Shorey and Manan Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS