Gautam Gambhir named in Delhi squad for Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
New Delhi: After featuring in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, struggling opener Gautam Gambhir will now play for Delhi in the Inter-state Twenty20 league for Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy as the selectors named him in the 15-member squad today.
The squad, to be led by Rajat Bhatia, includes under-19 World Cup winning captain Unmukt Chand, apart from the seasoned Mithun Manhas.
Vijay Dahiya was named coach of the side by the selection committee, which met here under the chairmanship of former cricketer Chetan Chauhan.
The player will report for practice on Monday.
Squad: Rajat Bhatia (C), Gautam Gambhir, Unmukt Chand, Mithun Manhas, Puneet Bisht, Sumit Narwal, Parvinder Awana, Pawan Negi, Milind Kumar, Varun Sood, Jagrit Anand, Vikas Tokas, Kshitiz Sharma, Dhruv Shorey and Manan Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing