Himachal beat Services by 1 run in a thrilling T20 game
Rohtak: Himachal Pradesh beat Services by one run in a thrilling North Zone leg encounter of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 championship, here on Sunday.
Batting first on a bouncy pitch at the Bansi Lal Stadium, Himachal managed only 78 in 18.2 overs but then managed to bowl out Services for 77 in 19.5 overs.
It was under thrilling circumstance that Himachal eked out the narrowest possible margin for victory.
Needing two runs off two balls Abhishek Sakuja and Ravi Kant went for two runs off Nikhil Gangta`s fifth ball of the 20th over. Sakuja however couldn`t complete the second run and fell short of his crease.
Just when Services players thought that the match has ended in a tie, it was learnt from third umpire`s review that the first run wasn`t taken cleanly and thus Himachal turned out to be winners.
HP new ball bowlers Vikramjit Malik (2/13) and all-rounder Rishi Dhawan 3/13 were the wreckers-in-chief for Himachal as six Services players failed to reach double figures.
It was no better with Himachal Pradesh either as seven of the 10 who got out failed to reach double digits.
Brief Scores: Himachal Pradesh 78 in 18.2 overs (Abhishek Sakuja 3/10, Shadab Nazar 3/10) bt Services 77 in 19.5 overs (Vikramjit Malik 2/13, Rishi Dhawan 3/13). HP won by 1 run.
Points: HP 4; Services 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!