Himachal beat Services by 1 run in a thrilling T20 game
Rohtak: Himachal Pradesh beat Services by one run in a thrilling North Zone leg encounter of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 championship, here on Sunday.
Batting first on a bouncy pitch at the Bansi Lal Stadium, Himachal managed only 78 in 18.2 overs but then managed to bowl out Services for 77 in 19.5 overs.
It was under thrilling circumstance that Himachal eked out the narrowest possible margin for victory.
Needing two runs off two balls Abhishek Sakuja and Ravi Kant went for two runs off Nikhil Gangta`s fifth ball of the 20th over. Sakuja however couldn`t complete the second run and fell short of his crease.
Just when Services players thought that the match has ended in a tie, it was learnt from third umpire`s review that the first run wasn`t taken cleanly and thus Himachal turned out to be winners.
HP new ball bowlers Vikramjit Malik (2/13) and all-rounder Rishi Dhawan 3/13 were the wreckers-in-chief for Himachal as six Services players failed to reach double figures.
It was no better with Himachal Pradesh either as seven of the 10 who got out failed to reach double digits.
Brief Scores: Himachal Pradesh 78 in 18.2 overs (Abhishek Sakuja 3/10, Shadab Nazar 3/10) bt Services 77 in 19.5 overs (Vikramjit Malik 2/13, Rishi Dhawan 3/13). HP won by 1 run.
Points: HP 4; Services 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'