Himachal beat Services by 1 run in a thrilling T20 game
Rohtak: Himachal Pradesh beat Services by one run in a thrilling North Zone leg encounter of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 championship, here on Sunday.
Batting first on a bouncy pitch at the Bansi Lal Stadium, Himachal managed only 78 in 18.2 overs but then managed to bowl out Services for 77 in 19.5 overs.
It was under thrilling circumstance that Himachal eked out the narrowest possible margin for victory.
Needing two runs off two balls Abhishek Sakuja and Ravi Kant went for two runs off Nikhil Gangta`s fifth ball of the 20th over. Sakuja however couldn`t complete the second run and fell short of his crease.
Just when Services players thought that the match has ended in a tie, it was learnt from third umpire`s review that the first run wasn`t taken cleanly and thus Himachal turned out to be winners.
HP new ball bowlers Vikramjit Malik (2/13) and all-rounder Rishi Dhawan 3/13 were the wreckers-in-chief for Himachal as six Services players failed to reach double figures.
It was no better with Himachal Pradesh either as seven of the 10 who got out failed to reach double digits.
Brief Scores: Himachal Pradesh 78 in 18.2 overs (Abhishek Sakuja 3/10, Shadab Nazar 3/10) bt Services 77 in 19.5 overs (Vikramjit Malik 2/13, Rishi Dhawan 3/13). HP won by 1 run.
Points: HP 4; Services 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick