Karnataka, TN, Andhra win in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
Shimoga: Wicketkeeper-batsman Kannaur Lokesh Rahul`s hurricane 62 off 37 balls helped Karnataka trounce Kerala by 83 runs in their South Zone T20 cricket match for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy on Monday.
Batting first, Karnataka amassed 185 for five in their 20 overs with one-drop Rahul (62, 5x4, 2x6) top scoring and opener Manish Pandey notching up 50 off 42 balls.
Rahul was picked up by Prashanth Parameswaran after he gave a catch to R V Gomez and Pandey was unfortunately run out after he cracked four sparkling fours.
Kerala bowlers did not trouble Karnataka batsmen much as three of their batsmen were unfortunately run out. Paramsehwaran and P Prashanth picked up one wicket each.
In reply, Kerala could manage to score 102 for nine in stipulated 20 overs.
Local lad and medium pacer Santhebennur Lokesh Akshay (2 for 18) and A A Verma (2 for 16) were
wreckers-in-chief. For Kerela, Robert Fernandez top scored with 21.
In another match, Andhra scored a five-wicket win over Hyderabad.
Hyderabad made 161 for five in 20 overs, powered by a 118-run partnership off 82 balls for the second wicket between opener P Akshath Reddy (44) and right-hand batsman Tirumalasetti Suman (85 off 56 balls).
Suman craked nine boundaries and four sixes in his scintillating innings.
For Andhra, left-arm medium Tekkami Atchuta Rao claimed four wickets for 32 runs.
Andhra chased the target by scoring 163 for five with K S Bharat and D B Prashanth scoring 36 each.
Bharat slammed six fours and a six and Prashant three sixes in an entertaining knock.
S R Koripalli (29) and A G Pradeep (30) also played stellar role in the win.
In the third match, Tamil Nadu pulled off an easy eight-wicket win over Goa.
Batting first, Goa managed to post 122 for seven in 20 overs. R U Shukla (39) was the chief run-getter for Goa while pacers Laxmipathy Balaji and Sunil Sam, and right-arm off-break S Suresh Kumar scalped two wickets each.
Replying, Tamil Nadu made 126 for two in 16.5 overs with an unbeaten partnership of 78 for the third wicket between Abhinav Mukund (49 off 31 balls) and S Badrinath (31 off 30 balls).
For Goa, S S Bandekar was the only bowler to take wicket with match figures of 2 for 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre