Karnataka, TN, Andhra win in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
Shimoga: Wicketkeeper-batsman Kannaur Lokesh Rahul`s hurricane 62 off 37 balls helped Karnataka trounce Kerala by 83 runs in their South Zone T20 cricket match for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy on Monday.
Batting first, Karnataka amassed 185 for five in their 20 overs with one-drop Rahul (62, 5x4, 2x6) top scoring and opener Manish Pandey notching up 50 off 42 balls.
Rahul was picked up by Prashanth Parameswaran after he gave a catch to R V Gomez and Pandey was unfortunately run out after he cracked four sparkling fours.
Kerala bowlers did not trouble Karnataka batsmen much as three of their batsmen were unfortunately run out. Paramsehwaran and P Prashanth picked up one wicket each.
In reply, Kerala could manage to score 102 for nine in stipulated 20 overs.
Local lad and medium pacer Santhebennur Lokesh Akshay (2 for 18) and A A Verma (2 for 16) were
wreckers-in-chief. For Kerela, Robert Fernandez top scored with 21.
In another match, Andhra scored a five-wicket win over Hyderabad.
Hyderabad made 161 for five in 20 overs, powered by a 118-run partnership off 82 balls for the second wicket between opener P Akshath Reddy (44) and right-hand batsman Tirumalasetti Suman (85 off 56 balls).
Suman craked nine boundaries and four sixes in his scintillating innings.
For Andhra, left-arm medium Tekkami Atchuta Rao claimed four wickets for 32 runs.
Andhra chased the target by scoring 163 for five with K S Bharat and D B Prashanth scoring 36 each.
Bharat slammed six fours and a six and Prashant three sixes in an entertaining knock.
S R Koripalli (29) and A G Pradeep (30) also played stellar role in the win.
In the third match, Tamil Nadu pulled off an easy eight-wicket win over Goa.
Batting first, Goa managed to post 122 for seven in 20 overs. R U Shukla (39) was the chief run-getter for Goa while pacers Laxmipathy Balaji and Sunil Sam, and right-arm off-break S Suresh Kumar scalped two wickets each.
Replying, Tamil Nadu made 126 for two in 16.5 overs with an unbeaten partnership of 78 for the third wicket between Abhinav Mukund (49 off 31 balls) and S Badrinath (31 off 30 balls).
For Goa, S S Bandekar was the only bowler to take wicket with match figures of 2 for 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani