Niraj, Jesal steer Gujarat to victory
Indore: Riding on Niraj Patel and Jesal Karia`s fine knocks, Gujarat got the better of Vidarbha by three wickets in the Super League (Group A) match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament on Friday.
Electing to bat, Vidarbha posted 156 for seven in their stipulated 20 overs. And then, Gujarat reached the target with five balls to spare.
Shalabh Shrivastava top scored with 34 off 30 balls, laced with three boundaries, as Vidarbha posted a competitive total.
For Gujarat, Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of the bowlers with the figures of three for 33.
In reply, Gujarat got off to a poor start, losing three wickets for just 18 runs on the board.
However, Niraj, in the able company of Chirag Gandhi, managed to steady the boat for a brief period before Chirag fell for 16.
Niraj, then continued to with Jesal and the duo put on a solid 45-run stand for the fifth wicket to take the team past 100-run mark.
Even after Niraj`s dismissal for a well made run-a-ball 47 with the help of six boundaries, Jesal held on to his wicket at one end.
By the time, Jesal got out, Gujarat were well placed on 134 for seven. He scored a quickfire 47 from 30 balls studded with three fours and four sixes.
Vidarbha`s S B Wagh chipped in with three for 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!