Niraj, Jesal steer Gujarat to victory
Indore: Riding on Niraj Patel and Jesal Karia`s fine knocks, Gujarat got the better of Vidarbha by three wickets in the Super League (Group A) match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament on Friday.
Electing to bat, Vidarbha posted 156 for seven in their stipulated 20 overs. And then, Gujarat reached the target with five balls to spare.
Shalabh Shrivastava top scored with 34 off 30 balls, laced with three boundaries, as Vidarbha posted a competitive total.
For Gujarat, Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of the bowlers with the figures of three for 33.
In reply, Gujarat got off to a poor start, losing three wickets for just 18 runs on the board.
However, Niraj, in the able company of Chirag Gandhi, managed to steady the boat for a brief period before Chirag fell for 16.
Niraj, then continued to with Jesal and the duo put on a solid 45-run stand for the fifth wicket to take the team past 100-run mark.
Even after Niraj`s dismissal for a well made run-a-ball 47 with the help of six boundaries, Jesal held on to his wicket at one end.
By the time, Jesal got out, Gujarat were well placed on 134 for seven. He scored a quickfire 47 from 30 balls studded with three fours and four sixes.
Vidarbha`s S B Wagh chipped in with three for 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16