Niraj, Jesal steer Gujarat to victory
Indore: Riding on Niraj Patel and Jesal Karia`s fine knocks, Gujarat got the better of Vidarbha by three wickets in the Super League (Group A) match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament on Friday.
Electing to bat, Vidarbha posted 156 for seven in their stipulated 20 overs. And then, Gujarat reached the target with five balls to spare.
Shalabh Shrivastava top scored with 34 off 30 balls, laced with three boundaries, as Vidarbha posted a competitive total.
For Gujarat, Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of the bowlers with the figures of three for 33.
In reply, Gujarat got off to a poor start, losing three wickets for just 18 runs on the board.
However, Niraj, in the able company of Chirag Gandhi, managed to steady the boat for a brief period before Chirag fell for 16.
Niraj, then continued to with Jesal and the duo put on a solid 45-run stand for the fifth wicket to take the team past 100-run mark.
Even after Niraj`s dismissal for a well made run-a-ball 47 with the help of six boundaries, Jesal held on to his wicket at one end.
By the time, Jesal got out, Gujarat were well placed on 134 for seven. He scored a quickfire 47 from 30 balls studded with three fours and four sixes.
Vidarbha`s S B Wagh chipped in with three for 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof