Punjab win easy against J&K in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
Gurgaon: Punjab defeated Jammu and Kashmir by 43 runs in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20 tournament on Tuesday.
In the second league match of north zone, Punjab won comfortably at TERI cricket ground here. They scored 146 runs losing 9 wickets after opting to bat.
Ravinder smashed 23 runs in just 10 balls and hit five boundaries. Manpreet Gony scored 23 runs off 12 balls smashing three boundaries and a six.
Raman Dutta and Ramdyal claimed three wickets each for Jammu and Kashmir costing 31 and 32 runs respectively in four overs.
Chasing the 147-run target, Jammu and Kashmir was back to pavilion in 19.4 overs scoring 103 runs.
For J&K, Faiz top scored with 34 runs and hit two sixes and as many boundaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam