Sehwag fails again but Delhi beat Jammu & Kashmir by 17 runs
Gurgaon: Delhi won their third successive match in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy beating Jammu and Kashmir by 17 runs despite another failure by veteran Virender Sehwag.
Delhi with 12 points from three matches are now through to the knock-out round of the competition that will be held in Ranchi.
Batting first, Delhi scored 133 for six and then restricted Jammu and Kashmir to 116 for nine in stipulated 20 overs.
Opting to bat at the Teri Oval, Sehwag (4) lasted only three balls as young off-spinner Parveez Rasool dismissed him caught by Ahmed Bandy.
Skipper Rajat Bhatia (3) was also dismissed cheaply as Humaid Ronga caught him off Rahil Sombayal`s bowling
Unmukt Chand (23) smashed four boundaries but lost another senior partner in Puneet Bisht (10) who hit a huge six but got out trying to have left-arm spinner Raman Datta.
Dutta`s arm ball then accounted for Unmukt as Delhi were reduced 48 for four within eight overs.
At this stage, left-hander Jagrit Anand (34, 38 balls) and Milind Kumar (40, 31 balls) added 69 runs to steady the ship before the latter got out trying to cut Rasool.
Jammu and Kashmir lost out on the chase once Rasool (26) was holed out in the deep by Parvinder Awana off left-arm spinner Manan Sharma. Even though Bandeep Singh (32) used the long handle during his 23-ball knock, Jammu and Kashmir managed only 116 for nine. Bhatia was the most successful bowler with figures of three for 26 while Parvinder Awana and Vikas Tokas got two wickets apiece.
Brief Scores: Delhi 133/7 (Milind Kumar 40, Jagrit Anand 34, Parveez Rasool 2/27).
Jammu and Kashmir 116/9 (Bandeep Singh 32, Rajat Bhatia 3/26). Delhi won by 17 runs. Pts: Delhi 4; Jammu and Kashmir 0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?