TN, Karnataka match ends in tie
Shimoga: Tamil Nadu lost wickets in a heap towards the end as their match against Karnataka in the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Cricket Tournament ended in a tie here on Tuesday.
Tamil Nadu managed 150 for seven in their 20 overs, the same Karnataka scored losing as many wickets batting first.
Tamil Nadu started poorly losing openers Srikanth Aniruddha (7) and Baba Aparajith (17) and S Badrinath for one.
Dinesh Karthik and Abhinav Mukund combined to steady Tamil Nadu`s innings, putting together a 62-run partnership for the fourth wicket.
Mukund compiled a well-made 42 off 40 balls before he was dismissed by Abhimanyu Mithun in the 16th over. Karthik scored 37 off 25 balls with the help of two fours and sixes each.
Yo Mahesh provided some entertainment smashing 16 off eight balls with three boundaries, but that was not enough to see the visitors through.
For Karnataka, Mithun took three wickets while Vinay Kumar, Stuart Binny and S L Akshay scalped one each.
Batting first, Karun Nair cracked a valiant unbeaten 51 as Karnataka reached a fighting total.
Nair hit three fours and two sixes in his 38-ball knock.
Nair arrived at the crease when Karnataka were in trouble after losing four wickets for 69 runs in 11.1 overs. He lost A A Verma after 10 runs were added to the total.
Nair and C M Gautam put on a vital 44-run stand for the sixth wicket in 30 balls, before the latter was castled by Mahesh for 27.
Mahesh scalped two wickets for Tamil Nadu, while Sunil Sam, Rahil Shah and S Suresh Kumar snapped one each.
In another match, Goa prevailed over Hyderabad by seven runs after the later failed to chase 142.
Batting first, Goa began their innings badly after they lost both their openers S R Dongre and Sagun Kamat for nought when just seven runs were on the scoreboard.
In the day`s other match, Kerala convincingly defeated Andhra by seven wickets after they chased down 135 with eight balls to spare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre