Wriddhiman Saha leads Bengal to win over UP
Indore: Wriddhiman Saha slammed an unbeaten 35-ball 64 as Bengal defeated Uttar Pradesh by 14 runs for their second successive win in the Super League (Group B) match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament here on Wednesday.
After scoring 176 for two in their stipulated 20 overs, Bengal restricted Uttar Pradesh to 162 for nine to emerge winner by 14 runs.
Praveen Kumar`s valiant 31-ball 49-run effort went in vain as Bengal kept their cool to add four more points to their tally.
Praveen smashed four boundaries and two sixes, but it was Saha, who had the last laugh.
Saha hit seven fours and two sixes during his blazing knock, before Sayan Mondal, Sanjib Sanyal and Arnab Nandi bagged two wickets each to complete the task for Bengal.
Bengal had beaten Baroda on Tuesday on day one of the super league phase.
Saha was ably supported by the top-order batsmen in setting a competitive target.
Brief Scores: Bengal 172 for two in 20 overs (Wriddhiman Saha 64, Subhomoy Das 38) beat Uttar Pradesh 162 for nine in 20 overs (Praveen Kumar 49, Eklavya Dwivedi 34) by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi