Wriddhiman Saha leads Bengal to win over UP
Indore: Wriddhiman Saha slammed an unbeaten 35-ball 64 as Bengal defeated Uttar Pradesh by 14 runs for their second successive win in the Super League (Group B) match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament here on Wednesday.
After scoring 176 for two in their stipulated 20 overs, Bengal restricted Uttar Pradesh to 162 for nine to emerge winner by 14 runs.
Praveen Kumar`s valiant 31-ball 49-run effort went in vain as Bengal kept their cool to add four more points to their tally.
Praveen smashed four boundaries and two sixes, but it was Saha, who had the last laugh.
Saha hit seven fours and two sixes during his blazing knock, before Sayan Mondal, Sanjib Sanyal and Arnab Nandi bagged two wickets each to complete the task for Bengal.
Bengal had beaten Baroda on Tuesday on day one of the super league phase.
Saha was ably supported by the top-order batsmen in setting a competitive target.
Brief Scores: Bengal 172 for two in 20 overs (Wriddhiman Saha 64, Subhomoy Das 38) beat Uttar Pradesh 162 for nine in 20 overs (Praveen Kumar 49, Eklavya Dwivedi 34) by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list