Wriddhiman Saha leads Bengal to win over UP
Indore: Wriddhiman Saha slammed an unbeaten 35-ball 64 as Bengal defeated Uttar Pradesh by 14 runs for their second successive win in the Super League (Group B) match of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament here on Wednesday.
After scoring 176 for two in their stipulated 20 overs, Bengal restricted Uttar Pradesh to 162 for nine to emerge winner by 14 runs.
Praveen Kumar`s valiant 31-ball 49-run effort went in vain as Bengal kept their cool to add four more points to their tally.
Praveen smashed four boundaries and two sixes, but it was Saha, who had the last laugh.
Saha hit seven fours and two sixes during his blazing knock, before Sayan Mondal, Sanjib Sanyal and Arnab Nandi bagged two wickets each to complete the task for Bengal.
Bengal had beaten Baroda on Tuesday on day one of the super league phase.
Saha was ably supported by the top-order batsmen in setting a competitive target.
Brief Scores: Bengal 172 for two in 20 overs (Wriddhiman Saha 64, Subhomoy Das 38) beat Uttar Pradesh 162 for nine in 20 overs (Praveen Kumar 49, Eklavya Dwivedi 34) by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing