T&T players agree to play in CLT20
Port-of-Spain: Trinidad & Tobago players, who had initially threatening to pull out of the Champions League over a monetary dispute with their board, have departed for South Africa to participate in the twenty20 competition after some last-minute negotiations.
"The players from T&T have decided to travel to South Africa," TTCB chief executive, Suruj Ragoonath told ESPNcricinfo.
"In the meantime, the TTCB and WIPA, who have good relations, continue discussions on the matter."
Five T&T players -- Denesh Ramdin, Darren Bravo, Ravi Rampaul, Lendl Simmons and Samuel Badree -- who are currently in Sri Lanka representing the West Indies at the ICC World Twenty20 had asked West Indies Players Association (WIPA) to demand more money on their behalf for the trip.
The players demanded that the TTCB give them a share of the transfer fee they got for Indian Premier League (IPL) players Sunil Narine, Dwayne Bravo and Keiron Pollard, who would be representing their respective IPL teams.
The TTCB got USD 150,000 for each of the three players.
The situation worsened further yesterday when ten other members of the T&T squad also refused to travel to South Africa on their scheduled flight unless the demands were met.
With problem arising just six days before T&T`s first match in the qualifying stage of the tournamnet, TTCB were left in a lurch.
The TTCB said each player on the 15-man squad is guaranteed a payment of more than USD 20,000 for the two qualifying matches and in case the team advanced to the main round, an additional USD 200,000 would be paid before taxes. It was also reported that 75 per cent of the monies and any other prize money won by the team will be shared among them.
That, however, could not convince the players. Thus, the TTCB reportedly asked the selectors to appoint five replacements.
It also contacted WICB (West Indies Cricket Board) officials and informed them about the development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt