Tiwary sustains shoulder injury, off to NCA for rehab
Hyderabad: Manoj Tiwary`s tryst with injuries continued and the talented Bengal batsman will yet again be out of action for a few weeks after suffering a serious shoulder injury during his team`s semi-final match in the Vijay Hazare Trophy against Delhi in Visakhapatnam.
Tiwary today reached Bangalore for another extensive rehabilitation programme with the physios.
"The physio will be assessing my condition over there and then take a call on my rehab programme," Tiwary said.
Asked whether it`s a shoulder dislocation, he said, "I am not very sure although the bone popped out from the shoulder region after I fell awkwardly. As of now, it looks like there has been a soft-tissue damage."
Since there isn`t any competitive cricket at the moment save Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (National T20), Tiwary will get exactly a month`s time before the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League starts.
"No one likes to be out of action and it`s really frustrating to get injured. I stopped the ball but then this happened. Hopefully, I will recover in time," a dejected Tiwary said about the incident that happened yesterday.
The player also missed out the entire India versus England as well as the India-Pakistan series with a severe side strain injury.
He had recently made a successful comeback to competitive cricket with a half century in the Irani Trophy against Mumbai. He followed that up with a century against Australia for the India A side in a warm-up game. He also scored three half centuries for Bengal in the limited overs version with 87 against Delhi in a losing cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!