Tiwary sustains shoulder injury, off to NCA for rehab
Hyderabad: Manoj Tiwary`s tryst with injuries continued and the talented Bengal batsman will yet again be out of action for a few weeks after suffering a serious shoulder injury during his team`s semi-final match in the Vijay Hazare Trophy against Delhi in Visakhapatnam.
Tiwary today reached Bangalore for another extensive rehabilitation programme with the physios.
"The physio will be assessing my condition over there and then take a call on my rehab programme," Tiwary said.
Asked whether it`s a shoulder dislocation, he said, "I am not very sure although the bone popped out from the shoulder region after I fell awkwardly. As of now, it looks like there has been a soft-tissue damage."
Since there isn`t any competitive cricket at the moment save Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (National T20), Tiwary will get exactly a month`s time before the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League starts.
"No one likes to be out of action and it`s really frustrating to get injured. I stopped the ball but then this happened. Hopefully, I will recover in time," a dejected Tiwary said about the incident that happened yesterday.
The player also missed out the entire India versus England as well as the India-Pakistan series with a severe side strain injury.
He had recently made a successful comeback to competitive cricket with a half century in the Irani Trophy against Mumbai. He followed that up with a century against Australia for the India A side in a warm-up game. He also scored three half centuries for Bengal in the limited overs version with 87 against Delhi in a losing cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH