TN-Saurashtra match ends in draw
Chennai: With a first innings lead of 123 runs, Tamil Nadu netted three points against Saurashtra in the drawn four-day under-22 elite Group-A first round drawn cricket match in the Col. C K Nayudu Trophy here on the fourth and final day on Thursday.
Resuming at 238 for six in 120 overs, Saurashtra left handed batsmen Pruthvipal Solanki’s effort of 158 and his 171 run stand for the eighth wicket with tailender Chirag Jani (90) went in vain. The team made 449 all out in 188.1 overs.
Tamil Nadu, who made 572 for 9 declared in their first innings, now take on Madhya Pradesh in the second round at Gwalior from Oct 18 to 21.
Tamil Nadu medium pacer L Vignesh took 3 for 102 and left arm spinner K Varma claimed 2 for 96.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered