Twenty20 Mahasangram begins
Shimla: Aiming to register itself in the Guinness Book of World Records for featuring most number of teams in a single cricket tournament, JP Twenty20 Mahasangram season II kicked off in five different towns with close to 1400 teams and around 20,000 players in action.
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association chief Anurag Thakur inaugurated the event at Kalpa, Kullu, Dharamshala, Bilaspur and Nadaun.
The Rs 30 lakh tournament has a winner’s purse of Rs three lakh and will be played across 75 venues.
Guinness Book of World Records have certified it as a big tournament and the certificate shall be given on completion only.
“We started with 1300 teams but now we have 1400. I hope it will take cricket in every village of Himachal. A report of each player would be made and they will be given a chance for attending a camp and subsequently for Ranji if selected,” Thakur said at the inauguration.
Over 1,100 teams had participated in the inaugural edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened