Twenty20 Mahasangram begins
Shimla: Aiming to register itself in the Guinness Book of World Records for featuring most number of teams in a single cricket tournament, JP Twenty20 Mahasangram season II kicked off in five different towns with close to 1400 teams and around 20,000 players in action.
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association chief Anurag Thakur inaugurated the event at Kalpa, Kullu, Dharamshala, Bilaspur and Nadaun.
The Rs 30 lakh tournament has a winner’s purse of Rs three lakh and will be played across 75 venues.
Guinness Book of World Records have certified it as a big tournament and the certificate shall be given on completion only.
“We started with 1300 teams but now we have 1400. I hope it will take cricket in every village of Himachal. A report of each player would be made and they will be given a chance for attending a camp and subsequently for Ranji if selected,” Thakur said at the inauguration.
Over 1,100 teams had participated in the inaugural edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'