Twenty20 Mahasangram begins
Shimla: Aiming to register itself in the Guinness Book of World Records for featuring most number of teams in a single cricket tournament, JP Twenty20 Mahasangram season II kicked off in five different towns with close to 1400 teams and around 20,000 players in action.
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association chief Anurag Thakur inaugurated the event at Kalpa, Kullu, Dharamshala, Bilaspur and Nadaun.
The Rs 30 lakh tournament has a winner’s purse of Rs three lakh and will be played across 75 venues.
Guinness Book of World Records have certified it as a big tournament and the certificate shall be given on completion only.
“We started with 1300 teams but now we have 1400. I hope it will take cricket in every village of Himachal. A report of each player would be made and they will be given a chance for attending a camp and subsequently for Ranji if selected,” Thakur said at the inauguration.
Over 1,100 teams had participated in the inaugural edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what