Twenty20 Mahasangram begins
Shimla: Aiming to register itself in the Guinness Book of World Records for featuring most number of teams in a single cricket tournament, JP Twenty20 Mahasangram season II kicked off in five different towns with close to 1400 teams and around 20,000 players in action.
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association chief Anurag Thakur inaugurated the event at Kalpa, Kullu, Dharamshala, Bilaspur and Nadaun.
The Rs 30 lakh tournament has a winner’s purse of Rs three lakh and will be played across 75 venues.
Guinness Book of World Records have certified it as a big tournament and the certificate shall be given on completion only.
“We started with 1300 teams but now we have 1400. I hope it will take cricket in every village of Himachal. A report of each player would be made and they will be given a chance for attending a camp and subsequently for Ranji if selected,” Thakur said at the inauguration.
Over 1,100 teams had participated in the inaugural edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof