Vinay Kumar to lead Karnataka in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Bangalore: Karnataka`s selection committee today appointed R Vinay Kumar as captain of the 15-member state team for the knockout round of the Vijay Hazare Trophy, scheduled to be played at Visakhapatnam from February 26.
Karnataka qualified for the knockouts by virtue of winning the South Zone leg of the national one-day competition, according to a press release issued by the Karnataka State Cricket Association here.
The team also includes wicketkeeper C M Gautam and J Suchith.
Gautam was missing from the Karnataka team that competed in the south zone leg of the tournament because of his selection into the India `A` team, which played against the visiting Australian team at Chennai recently.
K C Avinash, Rajoo Bhatkal and Ryan Ninan, who were part of the team that travelled to Goa, missed out.
The 15-member squad: R Vinay Kumar (captain), Stuart Binny (vice-captain), Robin Uthappa, K L Rahul, Ganesh Satish, Manish Pandey, C M Gautam (wk), Amit Verma, Karun Nair, Abhimanyu Mithun, K P Appanna, S L Akshay, H S Sharath, Mayank Agarwal and J Suchith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand