Vinay Kumar to lead Karnataka in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Bangalore: Karnataka`s selection committee today appointed R Vinay Kumar as captain of the 15-member state team for the knockout round of the Vijay Hazare Trophy, scheduled to be played at Visakhapatnam from February 26.
Karnataka qualified for the knockouts by virtue of winning the South Zone leg of the national one-day competition, according to a press release issued by the Karnataka State Cricket Association here.
The team also includes wicketkeeper C M Gautam and J Suchith.
Gautam was missing from the Karnataka team that competed in the south zone leg of the tournament because of his selection into the India `A` team, which played against the visiting Australian team at Chennai recently.
K C Avinash, Rajoo Bhatkal and Ryan Ninan, who were part of the team that travelled to Goa, missed out.
The 15-member squad: R Vinay Kumar (captain), Stuart Binny (vice-captain), Robin Uthappa, K L Rahul, Ganesh Satish, Manish Pandey, C M Gautam (wk), Amit Verma, Karun Nair, Abhimanyu Mithun, K P Appanna, S L Akshay, H S Sharath, Mayank Agarwal and J Suchith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender