Vinay Kumar to lead Karnataka in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Bangalore: Karnataka`s selection committee today appointed R Vinay Kumar as captain of the 15-member state team for the knockout round of the Vijay Hazare Trophy, scheduled to be played at Visakhapatnam from February 26.
Karnataka qualified for the knockouts by virtue of winning the South Zone leg of the national one-day competition, according to a press release issued by the Karnataka State Cricket Association here.
The team also includes wicketkeeper C M Gautam and J Suchith.
Gautam was missing from the Karnataka team that competed in the south zone leg of the tournament because of his selection into the India `A` team, which played against the visiting Australian team at Chennai recently.
K C Avinash, Rajoo Bhatkal and Ryan Ninan, who were part of the team that travelled to Goa, missed out.
The 15-member squad: R Vinay Kumar (captain), Stuart Binny (vice-captain), Robin Uthappa, K L Rahul, Ganesh Satish, Manish Pandey, C M Gautam (wk), Amit Verma, Karun Nair, Abhimanyu Mithun, K P Appanna, S L Akshay, H S Sharath, Mayank Agarwal and J Suchith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America