Vinay Kumar to lead Karnataka in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Bangalore: Karnataka`s selection committee today appointed R Vinay Kumar as captain of the 15-member state team for the knockout round of the Vijay Hazare Trophy, scheduled to be played at Visakhapatnam from February 26.
Karnataka qualified for the knockouts by virtue of winning the South Zone leg of the national one-day competition, according to a press release issued by the Karnataka State Cricket Association here.
The team also includes wicketkeeper C M Gautam and J Suchith.
Gautam was missing from the Karnataka team that competed in the south zone leg of the tournament because of his selection into the India `A` team, which played against the visiting Australian team at Chennai recently.
K C Avinash, Rajoo Bhatkal and Ryan Ninan, who were part of the team that travelled to Goa, missed out.
The 15-member squad: R Vinay Kumar (captain), Stuart Binny (vice-captain), Robin Uthappa, K L Rahul, Ganesh Satish, Manish Pandey, C M Gautam (wk), Amit Verma, Karun Nair, Abhimanyu Mithun, K P Appanna, S L Akshay, H S Sharath, Mayank Agarwal and J Suchith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards