Vinay Kumar to lead Karnataka in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Bangalore: Karnataka`s selection committee today appointed R Vinay Kumar as captain of the 15-member state team for the knockout round of the Vijay Hazare Trophy, scheduled to be played at Visakhapatnam from February 26.
Karnataka qualified for the knockouts by virtue of winning the South Zone leg of the national one-day competition, according to a press release issued by the Karnataka State Cricket Association here.
The team also includes wicketkeeper C M Gautam and J Suchith.
Gautam was missing from the Karnataka team that competed in the south zone leg of the tournament because of his selection into the India `A` team, which played against the visiting Australian team at Chennai recently.
K C Avinash, Rajoo Bhatkal and Ryan Ninan, who were part of the team that travelled to Goa, missed out.
The 15-member squad: R Vinay Kumar (captain), Stuart Binny (vice-captain), Robin Uthappa, K L Rahul, Ganesh Satish, Manish Pandey, C M Gautam (wk), Amit Verma, Karun Nair, Abhimanyu Mithun, K P Appanna, S L Akshay, H S Sharath, Mayank Agarwal and J Suchith.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed