Virender Sehwag out of Irani Cup due to upset stomach
Mumbai: The Rest of India cricket team suffered a massive blow just before the start of its Irani Cup match against Mumbai as skipper Virender Sehwag was ruled out due to an upset stomach here on Wednesday.
Sehwag was replaced by senior off-spinner Harbhajan Singh as captain.
The match would have been a good opportunity for the struggling Sehwag to prove his worth for the upcoming high-profile home Test series against Australia.
Rest of India were put in to bat first by Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened