Virender Sehwag out of Irani Cup due to upset stomach
Mumbai: The Rest of India cricket team suffered a massive blow just before the start of its Irani Cup match against Mumbai as skipper Virender Sehwag was ruled out due to an upset stomach here on Wednesday.
Sehwag was replaced by senior off-spinner Harbhajan Singh as captain.
The match would have been a good opportunity for the struggling Sehwag to prove his worth for the upcoming high-profile home Test series against Australia.
Rest of India were put in to bat first by Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'