Domestic cricket is corruption-free, says Mumbai coach Amre
Thane: In the wake of raging spot-fixing controversy, former Test cricketer and current Mumbai coach Praveen Amre today said domestic cricket in the country was corruption-free.
“I have never experienced fixing in domestic cricket. Perhaps there is not much money for them (fixers) in it,” he said on the sidelines of a function here.
Amre felt that despite the lack of star players in the Rest of India (ROI) line-up, who would be busy doing national duty during India’s home-series against Australia, the Irani Cup tie between ROI and 39-time Ranji Trophy champions would be highly competitive.
“This is the beginning of a new season. The players in both the squad would be rusty. They will take time to get into rhythm. The pitches would also have moisture as the rainy would just be ending,” he said.
Besides, in Irani Trophy, it is never easy, he added.
The Irani Cup match would be held in Jaipur from October 1-5.
Amre, who is also Coach Director of Cricket India Academy (CIA), was here to announce the launch of the Cricket Development Programme, in EuroSchool, Airoli.
The programme, affiliated with Cricket Australia, is facilitated with the support of CIA and the cricket division of Sports Education Development India Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway