Don`t disrupt Sri Lankan team
Sri Lanka`s World Cup winning captain Arjuna Ranatunga has criticised a commentary by state run Independent Television Network (ITN) that implied Sri Lankan vice-captain Mahela Jayawardene was guilty of match fixing.
Following Sri Lanka`s 11-run defeat to Pakistan in a Group `A` match of the World Cup in Colombo, ITN ran a commentary soon after the news bulletin implying that middle order batsmen Mahela Jayawardene and Thilan Samaraweera had under-performed.
Jayawardene was dismissed for two while Samaraweera made one run.
"The team shouldn`t be disrupted during the World Cup," Ranatunga said. "It`s disappointing that people have to make such allegations after one defeat and what has really disappointed me is that a channel owned by the government is making this allegation," he added.
"We need to go to the bottom of this and find out what prompted them to say it and whether any force wants to disrupt the team," Ranatunga said.
Following the news item, it was reported that Jayawardene is contemplating legal action against the television station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite
- Time's up for VHS! Last company making VCRs to stop its production this month
- RIP Tiger: Retired police dog who helped in detecting bombs during 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks passes away
- Four including child dead after shooting in Texas apartment complex
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs