Don`t disrupt Sri Lankan team
Sri Lanka`s World Cup winning captain Arjuna Ranatunga has criticised a commentary by state run Independent Television Network (ITN) that implied Sri Lankan vice-captain Mahela Jayawardene was guilty of match fixing.
Following Sri Lanka`s 11-run defeat to Pakistan in a Group `A` match of the World Cup in Colombo, ITN ran a commentary soon after the news bulletin implying that middle order batsmen Mahela Jayawardene and Thilan Samaraweera had under-performed.
Jayawardene was dismissed for two while Samaraweera made one run.
"The team shouldn`t be disrupted during the World Cup," Ranatunga said. "It`s disappointing that people have to make such allegations after one defeat and what has really disappointed me is that a channel owned by the government is making this allegation," he added.
"We need to go to the bottom of this and find out what prompted them to say it and whether any force wants to disrupt the team," Ranatunga said.
Following the news item, it was reported that Jayawardene is contemplating legal action against the television station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard