Don`t doubt sincerity to revive cricket in Pak: BCB chief
Karachi: Drawing flak in Pakistan after Bangladesh postponed its much-anticipated tour, BCB President Mustafa Kamal has retorted that his sincerity in reviving international cricket here should not be doubted.
He also dismissed suggestions that he had committed to the Bangladesh team`s tour to Pakistan this month in return for the Pakistan Cricket Board`s (PCB) support to jointly nominate him for the vice-presidency of the ICC.
"No it`s absolutely incorrect. I can`t get the Vice-presidency with Pakistan`s support only. I need endorsements from at least seven of 10 full members of the ICC to acquire the important office," Kamal told Pakistani channel `News One` from Dhaka.
Kamal has been under fire in the Pakistani cricket circles after the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) postponed a tour of two matches because of a order from the Dhaka High Court which issued a injunction against the Bangladesh team going to Pakistan for four weeks.
The petitioner, Barrister Hassan Azim, was of the view that due to the law and order situation the Bangladesh cricket team`s tour to Pakistan was not conducive. Bangladesh was scheduled to play one ODI and a Twenty20 in Lahore on April 29 and April 30 respectively.
The PCB has hinted it could review its decision to nominate Kamal as a joint candidate of both boards for the ICC position.
Kamal said he couldn`t comment on the High Court order or case but said the BCB would file a reply within the given time-frame.
"Since the matter is sub-judice and our lawyers have to study the full court order, therefore I will not be able to comment on it. Our legal division is working and we will file the reply accordingly," he said.
He also didn`t believe that as a retaliatory measure the PCB could stop its players from appearing in the Bangladesh Premier League next year. "The matter is between the two boards and the reports about Pakistan`s likely absence from the upcoming BPL is mere speculation at the moment.
"PCB and BCB are striving hard for the betterment of cricket in the region, and I hope the bilateral cooperation will continue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27