Don`t look back, live strong buddy: Armstrong to Yuvraj
New Delhi: Recuperating after undergoing three cycles of chemotherapy for a malignant tumour between his lungs, Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh received an inspiring video message from his "real life hero" Lance Armstrong – the cycling legend whose own successful battle with cancer is well-documented.
"Very special and inspiring message from my real life hero," tweeted Yuvraj along with a link to the message from the cyclist who won the Tour de France a record seven consecutive times after having survived testicular cancer.
In the 19-second video, Armstrong urged Yuvraj to keep moving forward optimistically.
"Hi Yuvi, I am Lance Armstrong and welcome home. Man you have got one big following, I have heard about you every hour of every day since you have been diagnosed. We are pulling for you, so glad you are healthy now. Have a great life, don`t look back, live strong buddy," said the 40-year-old American.
Armstrong was 25 when was diagnosed with stage three testicular cancer, which spread to his lungs, abdomen and brain.
Armstrong had an orchiectomy to remove his diseased testicle and was given less than a 40 per cent survival chance by his doctors. But he battled out of it successfully to not just survive but also renew his career as a cyclist.
The 30-year-old Yuvraj, who will return to the country on Monday, was discharged on March 18 from a hospital in the United States.
Thousands of well-wishers have sent messages to cricketer, who is known for his aggressive batting and disciplined spin bowling.
Yuvraj, has scored 8,051 runs in 274 one-dayers and 1,775 runs in 37 Tests since making his international debut in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!