Don`t read much into India`s struggle against Eng: Whatmore
Karachi: Gearing up for a short tour of India, Pakistan cricket coach Dav Whatmore has warned his team against reading too much into the arch-rivals` struggle in the ongoing home Test series against England.
"We should not be complacent at all because of India`s recent form against England. The fact is that the English team is playing professional and well at the moment and India have a big challenge to square the series," Whatmore told reporters on the first day of a week-long conditioning camp set up in Lahore for the tour to India from December 22.
India are currently fighting to save the series in the fourth and final Test after conceding a 2-1 lead to England.
"But I wouldn`t read too much into it because the results of one Test series doesn`t necessarily mean that India is a weak side as we all know how good they have been over many years," he said.
The former Australian Test player also felt that off-spinner Saeed Ajmal would continue to be Pakistan`s trump card even in the coming T20 and ODI series against India.
"Obviously we will select our playing eleven and bowling attack after seeing the conditions on the particular day of the match. But feel we`ve enough boys in the group to satisfy the requirements of any conditions," he said.
Whatmore said Saeed would remain a threat for India even in their home conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!