Don`t read too much on India`s show: Willoughby
Taunton: Somerset paceman Charl Willoughby today warned England not to read too much into India`s annihilation by him in the warm-up game which ended in a draw.
"They are going to bounce back. I don`t think they would bat the way they batted here. They would be far more competitive. I don`t think they would play like that again," said Willoughby who took 6/76 against the Indians and practically all their top order batsmen, barring Sachin Tendulkar.
All this talk of England`s bowling, especially tall Chris Tremlett running through the Indian line-up, was considered fanciful by the left-arm seamer.
"Yes, he (Tremlett) has bounce but Indians can handle that kind of stuff. Men like Rahul, Gambhir, Sachin, Dhoni and Laxman they are at the top of their game. England bowlers may bowl a bit better in these conditions but I am not sure their batting (could outdo the Indians)," he said.
"They have been playing very good cricket, there`s a reason why they are number one side of the world," he added.
Tremlett, England`s six-foot-seven-inch tall bowler, has declared Indians would be uncomfortable facing him and even former cricketing great Geoff Boycott feels he would be a big challenge for the visitors.
Willoughby`s perception about the Indians stems from the fact that he was very lucky to get the wickets of India`s great batsmen.
"I was lucky there`s no doubt about it. They played some shots they would not normally play in Test cricket. For example, you would not see Rahul (Dravid) play that kind of shot. The way (Amit) Mishra got out was plain luck. May be we were more up for the game, against a county side, may be they were not."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof