Don`t read too much on India`s show: Willoughby
Taunton: Somerset paceman Charl Willoughby today warned England not to read too much into India`s annihilation by him in the warm-up game which ended in a draw.
"They are going to bounce back. I don`t think they would bat the way they batted here. They would be far more competitive. I don`t think they would play like that again," said Willoughby who took 6/76 against the Indians and practically all their top order batsmen, barring Sachin Tendulkar.
All this talk of England`s bowling, especially tall Chris Tremlett running through the Indian line-up, was considered fanciful by the left-arm seamer.
"Yes, he (Tremlett) has bounce but Indians can handle that kind of stuff. Men like Rahul, Gambhir, Sachin, Dhoni and Laxman they are at the top of their game. England bowlers may bowl a bit better in these conditions but I am not sure their batting (could outdo the Indians)," he said.
"They have been playing very good cricket, there`s a reason why they are number one side of the world," he added.
Tremlett, England`s six-foot-seven-inch tall bowler, has declared Indians would be uncomfortable facing him and even former cricketing great Geoff Boycott feels he would be a big challenge for the visitors.
Willoughby`s perception about the Indians stems from the fact that he was very lucky to get the wickets of India`s great batsmen.
"I was lucky there`s no doubt about it. They played some shots they would not normally play in Test cricket. For example, you would not see Rahul (Dravid) play that kind of shot. The way (Amit) Mishra got out was plain luck. May be we were more up for the game, against a county side, may be they were not."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH