Donald predicts Philander to be more than handful on Oz pitches
Sydney: Former South Africa fast bowler Allan Donald has backed pace sensation Vernon Philander to wreck Australian hopes of reclaiming the number one ranking in Test cricket, saying the fast pitches Down Under would suit Philander’s bowling style.
According to Donald, the 27-year-old from the outer suburbs of Cape Town is the humble businessman of the top-ranked Test nation, and one-third of what he proclaims the best fast-bowling attack they have ever produced along with Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel.
“It is just the telling lengths he bowls consistently, he never goes away, he locks you away as a batsman,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Donald, as saying.
“If there`s anything in the wicket that offers him a bit, then he becomes even more of a handful. Since 2007 when he was left out of the South African side he`s gone away and learned his game, he`s become a tremendous bowler,” he added.
“When Gary [Kirsten] took over the [coaching] job he said, ``I want this guy in my side``, he backed him all the way. He`s a humble businessman, he goes about his business, very streetwise, very clever, very smart,” he said.
Donald is licking his lips at what Philander and his fast-bowling colleagues, the formidable Steyn and Morkel, can deliver, particularly in Brisbane and Perth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Amit Shah's dig at Akhilesh Yadav: Will Barack Obama maintain law and order in UP
- Mutual Funds pump in Rs 7,200-crore in stock markets in April-June
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text
- Google may launch its own handset to take on Apple
- Faulty gear-shift lever makes FCA recall 13,092 Maserati cars in US