Donald saw shades of Lara’s genius in KP’s ‘spectacular century’
Johannesburg: South Africa’s bowling coach Allan Donald compared Kevin Pietersen to West Indian legend Brian Lara, after the England batsman hit a spectacular century to get his team back into the game on the third day of the second Test against South Africa at Headingley.
Pietersen launched a savage assault against the Proteas players, hitting 149 not out as England reached 351 for five at the close, 68 behind South Africa`s first innings total of 419.
“He played seriously well. It reminds me of when I ran into Brian Lara, something in the category of a bit of a genius to play knocks like that,” Sport24 quoted Donald, as saying.
South Africa, who were struck on what seemed a crucial blow shortly before the tea interval, brought back fast bowlers Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel to put pressure on the diminutive Taylor, but it was Pietersen who took charge, slamming 26 runs off 11 balls in a thrilling passage of play.
Pietersen said he was flattered to hear that Donald had compared him to Lara.
“Allan Donald was one of my heroes growing up, so that`s special,” he said.
“I`ve never batted better in my life. Today was against an unbelievable bowling attack that keeps coming at you and never gives in. To get runs against that attack is something I will always cherish,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics