Doug Bracewell terms DRS decision ‘bizarre’
Wellington: New Zealand pacer Doug Bracewell has termed the DRS decision “bizarre” and “a mistake” when the decision review system overturned umpire Aleem Dar’s original out decision to an lbw appeal on Jacques Rudolph in the penultimate over of the day.
The New Zealand fast bowler along with his teammates was shocked when the Decision Review System (DRS) overturned original out decision.
Even if the decision had gone New Zealand’s way, the third day in Dunedin would still have well and truly belonged to South Africa who reached stumps at 268-3, with a lead of 233 runs.
“I thought it was pretty dead straight away. I think everyone thought it was out, I think they made a mistake,” Bracewell said.
Replays showed the ball pitching fractionally outside leg stump, but Bracewell questioned if that was the case, doubting how a ball could pitch outside leg, swing into a left hander and still be hitting middle stump.
“It was pretty disappointing, especially with the second new ball, and you want to get a roll on and take wickets in clumps. [But] I guess it’s one of those things,” Bracewell said.
Bracewell was the best of the Black Caps`` bowlers all day and finished with figures of 3-53.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi