Dravid backs senior players to return to India team
Bangalore: Former India captain Rahul Dravid on Tuesday backed out-of-favour players like Virender Sehwag who have been included in the India `A` squad against visiting West Indies `A` to get back to form and return to the national side.
Sehwag, Zaheer Khan and Gautam Gambhir were handed a lifeline for staging a comeback to the Test side as they were included in the India `A` squad for two four-day games against West Indies `A` while Yuvraj Singh was also given a chance to force his way back into ODI team after being named captain for limited-overs series. Dravid said they should utilise the opportunity to impress upon the selectors.
"It is a good chance for them to get back into the national team. They have the advantage from others because they have played at the international stage earlier. It`s like I have done well at that level and so I can get back there," Dravid said.
"All of them Sehwag, Zaheer, Gambhir and Yuvraj are trying hard at every opportunity they are getting. Gambhir is playing county cricket and I hope Sehwag, Zaheer and Yuvraj get some pre-season games and they do well and push the selectors (to pick them in the national team)," he told a leading news channel.
Dravid also felt that the controversial Decision Review System can get better with the advancement in technology.
"You can better in every aspect of life if you try. So I think DRS also can get better. It`s more of a hit and trial and you can try and improve upon the system.
"If you keep on improving the technology, say improvement in technology in the TV camera and more number of frames per second, I guess the system can improve," Dravid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi