Dravid drops in to watch Karnataka`s Ranji game
New Delhi: The Karnail Singh Stadium on Thursday had a surprise guest as star batsman Rahul Dravid dropped in to watch his state Karnataka play against Railways.
Clad in green T-shirt and blue denims, Rahul walked around half past 10 much to the delight of the Karnataka team. He enquired about the pitch and said, "I guess it`s good toss to win for Karnataka."
The Indian team had a day off today after winning inside four days and players stayed back in capital.
Dravid watched the proceedings sitting beside Karnataka coach Karthik Jeswanth as Robin Uthappa blazed his way to a fine century. Once Uthappa completed his ton, Dravid gave him a standing ovation along with others. At lunch, he visited the dressing room and had a quick chat with the Karnataka boys before leaving the venue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata