Dravid excluded from Herald cricket writer Saltau`s 2011 Test team
London: Veteran Indian batsman Rahul Dravid, who made 1145 runs and scored five centuries has been excluded from the Herald cricket writer Chloe Saltau`s Test team of 2011.
Six batsmen from the No. 1 Test team England have clinched a place in the list indicating that the side is still to reign supreme in the longer format of the game
Neither any Australian player nor Indian player has found a place in the list, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The 12 -player list comes in the wake of Australia- India Test series.
Though the list has excluded the world’s best spinner, Graeme Swann, Pakistan’s off-spinner, Saeed Ajmal has been rewarded for his superb performance of claiming 50 wickets in 2011.
The Herald`s World XI for 2011
1) Alastair Cook (England and captain)
2. Kumar Sangakkara
3. Ian Bell
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Darren Bravo
6. Younis Khan
7. Matt Prior (wk)
8. Stuart Broad
9. Dale Steyn
10. James Anderson
11. Saeed Ajmal
12th man - Tim Bresnan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets