Dravid excluded from Herald cricket writer Saltau`s 2011 Test team
London: Veteran Indian batsman Rahul Dravid, who made 1145 runs and scored five centuries has been excluded from the Herald cricket writer Chloe Saltau`s Test team of 2011.
Six batsmen from the No. 1 Test team England have clinched a place in the list indicating that the side is still to reign supreme in the longer format of the game
Neither any Australian player nor Indian player has found a place in the list, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The 12 -player list comes in the wake of Australia- India Test series.
Though the list has excluded the world’s best spinner, Graeme Swann, Pakistan’s off-spinner, Saeed Ajmal has been rewarded for his superb performance of claiming 50 wickets in 2011.
The Herald`s World XI for 2011
1) Alastair Cook (England and captain)
2. Kumar Sangakkara
3. Ian Bell
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Darren Bravo
6. Younis Khan
7. Matt Prior (wk)
8. Stuart Broad
9. Dale Steyn
10. James Anderson
11. Saeed Ajmal
12th man - Tim Bresnan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH