Dravid excluded from Herald cricket writer Saltau`s 2011 Test team
London: Veteran Indian batsman Rahul Dravid, who made 1145 runs and scored five centuries has been excluded from the Herald cricket writer Chloe Saltau`s Test team of 2011.
Six batsmen from the No. 1 Test team England have clinched a place in the list indicating that the side is still to reign supreme in the longer format of the game
Neither any Australian player nor Indian player has found a place in the list, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The 12 -player list comes in the wake of Australia- India Test series.
Though the list has excluded the world’s best spinner, Graeme Swann, Pakistan’s off-spinner, Saeed Ajmal has been rewarded for his superb performance of claiming 50 wickets in 2011.
The Herald`s World XI for 2011
1) Alastair Cook (England and captain)
2. Kumar Sangakkara
3. Ian Bell
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Darren Bravo
6. Younis Khan
7. Matt Prior (wk)
8. Stuart Broad
9. Dale Steyn
10. James Anderson
11. Saeed Ajmal
12th man - Tim Bresnan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed