Dravid hopeful of India making a comeback against England
New Delhi: Senior batsman Rahul Dravid is hopeful of Indian team putting up a good show against England in the five-match ODI series, starting tomorrow at Hyderabad, and said that the youngsters are experienced enough to tackle the English attack.
"There are still a number of players who are injured, which has given an opportunity to the youngsters and I believe that this team is good enough," said Dravid, who bid adieu to the one-day cricket after the England tour recently.
He said that the youngsters have the experience of playing in Indian Premier League (IPL) and are good enough in the existing conditions.
"All these players have played in the IPL and they have the experience of playing at the top level," insisted Dravid.
The former India captain admitted that the team would be under pressure to get their revenge on England but insisted that playing at home will certainly give them an advantage.
Dravid was the lone Indian batsman to score freely against a probing English attack, scoring three centuries in the four-match Test series, which the visitors lost 0-4.
England also inflicted a humiliating 3-0 defeat on India in the five-match One-day contest.
"We lost to a very good team that was prepared well for the series. They had a very skillful bowling line-up and had proper strategy in place," Dravid said.
He added that India should learn from their experience of playing against England and should not get bogged down by just one bad series.
"We have lost the No. 1 Test status but we have not lost the confidence in ourselves. We should aim to get back to the top and that should inspire us to do well," said Dravid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset