Dravid hopeful of India making a comeback against England
New Delhi: Senior batsman Rahul Dravid is hopeful of Indian team putting up a good show against England in the five-match ODI series, starting tomorrow at Hyderabad, and said that the youngsters are experienced enough to tackle the English attack.
"There are still a number of players who are injured, which has given an opportunity to the youngsters and I believe that this team is good enough," said Dravid, who bid adieu to the one-day cricket after the England tour recently.
He said that the youngsters have the experience of playing in Indian Premier League (IPL) and are good enough in the existing conditions.
"All these players have played in the IPL and they have the experience of playing at the top level," insisted Dravid.
The former India captain admitted that the team would be under pressure to get their revenge on England but insisted that playing at home will certainly give them an advantage.
Dravid was the lone Indian batsman to score freely against a probing English attack, scoring three centuries in the four-match Test series, which the visitors lost 0-4.
England also inflicted a humiliating 3-0 defeat on India in the five-match One-day contest.
"We lost to a very good team that was prepared well for the series. They had a very skillful bowling line-up and had proper strategy in place," Dravid said.
He added that India should learn from their experience of playing against England and should not get bogged down by just one bad series.
"We have lost the No. 1 Test status but we have not lost the confidence in ourselves. We should aim to get back to the top and that should inspire us to do well," said Dravid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH