Dravid imparts cricketing skills to underprivileged kids
Bangalore: Former India captain Rahul Dravid today imparted cricketing lessons to a group of underprivileged children as part of an initiative called `Camp with the Champ`, here.
An initiative by a popular cricket website, 25 underprivileged children from three NGOs enjoyed a day long opportunity to learn from one of their favourite cricketing stars.
Under this, an original series of short educational videos involving Dravid was created to provide cricket lovers with insight and instruction about learning the fundamentals of the game.
Dravid enthralled the kids with anecdotes from his cricketing days and life lessons learnt along the way.
"Cricket, in some respects, has undergone a makeover in the last 20 years. We have been tracking the game all through this period and it is evident there are an entire set of fans who are cricket purists and yearn to re-connect with the game for what it was known for," said Ramesh Kumar, Head of the ESPN Digital Media India and ESPNcricinfo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand