Dravid imparts cricketing skills to underprivileged kids
Bangalore: Former India captain Rahul Dravid today imparted cricketing lessons to a group of underprivileged children as part of an initiative called `Camp with the Champ`, here.
An initiative by a popular cricket website, 25 underprivileged children from three NGOs enjoyed a day long opportunity to learn from one of their favourite cricketing stars.
Under this, an original series of short educational videos involving Dravid was created to provide cricket lovers with insight and instruction about learning the fundamentals of the game.
Dravid enthralled the kids with anecdotes from his cricketing days and life lessons learnt along the way.
"Cricket, in some respects, has undergone a makeover in the last 20 years. We have been tracking the game all through this period and it is evident there are an entire set of fans who are cricket purists and yearn to re-connect with the game for what it was known for," said Ramesh Kumar, Head of the ESPN Digital Media India and ESPNcricinfo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'