Dravid`s stature will increase: Javagal Srinath
Bangalore: Former India cricketer Javagal Srinath acknowledged Rahul Dravid`s dignity and expects his stature to increase post retirement.
"No, it was not a surprise and it was a well planned one. He has done it at the right time and I completely endorse his decision," Srinath said on Dravid`s retirement from international cricket today.
"I don`t see Dravid`s value diminishing in any way since he has retired. I see his stature increasing," he said.
"Quitting the game is not an easy decision. Although it is sad, one needs to celebrate his achievements. What I appreciate about Rahul, is his dignity. The way he connects with the game."
"For me, he (Dravid) is the ideal person to look up to when you are facing a tough situation. He is one person who can navigate through tough situations," Srinath, who had played alongside Dravid for long, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family