Dravid to retire from IPL?
Kolkata: Rajasthan Royals skipper Rahul Dravid has indicated that he will retire from the Indian Premier League, after the Champions League T20 later this year.
"I am 41 and 12 months are a long way ahead," was Dravid`s reply to a media query on whether he will play the next season of the IPL.
With the Royals qualifying for the Champions League T20 beginning Sep 17 in India, Dravid said he may not play anymore after the tournament.
"Luckily we have qualified for the Champions league, so a couple of months more. I think that will be it," Dravid told mediapersons after his team went down fighting to the Mumbai Indians in second qualifier at the Eden Gardens Friday.
The stylish batsman, who scored 2,174 runs from 89 IPL matches, at an earlier occasion too had said he wanted to discuss about his future with his franchise. He has already retired from all other formats of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!