Dravid to retire from IPL
Kolkata: One of cricket`s batting greats, Rajasthan Royals skipper Rahul Dravid has said that he will retire from the Indian Premier League, after the Champions League T20 later this year.
"I am 41 and 12 months are a long way ahead," was Dravid`s reply to a media query on whether he will play the next season of the IPL.
With the Royals qualifying for the Champions League T20 beginning Sep 17 in India, Dravid said he may not play anymore after the tournament.
"Luckily we have qualified for the Champions league, so a couple of months more. I think that will be it," Dravid told media persons after his team went down fighting to the Mumbai Indians in second qualifier at the Eden Gardens Friday.
The stylish batsman, who scored 2,174 runs from 89 IPL matches, at an earlier occasion too had said he wanted to discuss about his future with his franchise. He has already retired from all other formats of the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube