Dropped from ODIs, White vows to bounce back
Melbourne: Australian all-rounder Cameron White, axed from the ODI side for next month`s Sri Lanka tour, has vowed to bounce back.
White termed his omission from the squad as "kick in the guts". The Victorian, however, has been retained as Australia`s Twenty20 captain for the tour.
"It is no secret I haven`t been in the best of form of late, but I was hopeful I would still be in the squad. It`s definitely a kick in the guts," White said.
White hoped to make his place in the One-day side but wondered when he would get the next chance to press his claims.
"I don`t have a lot of cricket for a little while now. Outside of a couple of T20 games I will be back playing for Victoria and scoring as many runs as I can. I just have to go back and get better and hopefully get another opportunity," he said.
White did not consider himself a Twenty20 specialist.
"T20 is such a different game and moving towards having specialist players - (but) I am not saying I am in that boat," he said.
Australian Test and One-day skipper Michael Clarke feels White can regain his place in the ODI side.
"It is a tough call because he is a wonderful player and has been a big part of the one-day team for a while now. I am very confident he will continue to work hard in the nets and keep putting the runs on the board, whether it be for Victoria or in Twenty20. On the other hand, it is great to see young Shaun Marsh and David Hussey back in the team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read