Du Plessis set for ‘fresh approach’ during T20 series against Pakistan
Johannesburg: South Africa’s Twenty20 international captain Faf Du Plessis has said that he is ready to infuse fresh ideas in his team and has asked Proteas fans to expect an unconventional approach from his team during the upcoming T20 series against Pakistan starting at Kingsmead.
Stating that one of the first moves of his new approach will be to open the match with A B De Villiers, which he termed as a ‘hidden gem’, Du Plessis said that De Villiers is an X-factor player and is a rarity as he can score a century in any match.
Du Plessis also said that he is trying to get a squad of 15 from which a majority of the players will be going to the T20 World Cup, adding that he is planning to use some of the matches from the upcoming series to try out some combinations and roles to make sure that his squad can settle into a winning unit during the World Cup.
Although the T20 captain said that the lean scheduling of T20 internationals on the Future Tours Programme makes it difficult for his T20 side to create momentum, as a captain in this series he will have to take decisions that may be questioned, for future matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre