Dual role for Moin as PCB makes him chief selector, manager
Karachi: In a surprisingly hurried move, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has entrusted on former captain Moin Khan the dual responsibilities of holding the post of chief selector as well as managing the national team.
Since being inducted into the board last year, Moin has held three important positions. He was head coach for two months for the Asia Cup and World T20. After the national team failed to reach the semifinals of the World T20, the board announced that the contract of Moin would not be extended, before doing an u-turn today.
In addition the board also gave former Test captain, Zaheer Abbas the position of principal advisor to the chairman of the board, Najam Sethi. Zaheer was senior cricket consultant of the team for the Asia Cup and World T20 and was not happy when told that his contract would not be extended.
The board also announced that it had set up a committee to scrutinise and evaluate the applications for various cricketing positions advertised recently including head coach, fielding coach, batting coach, spin consultant, trainer, physiotherapist etc.
The committee comprises of Moin Khan, Intikhab Alam, Director Domestic Cricket and Haroon Rashid, Director Game Development.
The committee will make its recommendations to the PCB chairman after the May 5 cut-off date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader