Dual role for Moin as PCB makes him chief selector, manager
Karachi: In a surprisingly hurried move, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has entrusted on former captain Moin Khan the dual responsibilities of holding the post of chief selector as well as managing the national team.
Since being inducted into the board last year, Moin has held three important positions. He was head coach for two months for the Asia Cup and World T20. After the national team failed to reach the semifinals of the World T20, the board announced that the contract of Moin would not be extended, before doing an u-turn today.
In addition the board also gave former Test captain, Zaheer Abbas the position of principal advisor to the chairman of the board, Najam Sethi. Zaheer was senior cricket consultant of the team for the Asia Cup and World T20 and was not happy when told that his contract would not be extended.
The board also announced that it had set up a committee to scrutinise and evaluate the applications for various cricketing positions advertised recently including head coach, fielding coach, batting coach, spin consultant, trainer, physiotherapist etc.
The committee comprises of Moin Khan, Intikhab Alam, Director Domestic Cricket and Haroon Rashid, Director Game Development.
The committee will make its recommendations to the PCB chairman after the May 5 cut-off date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder