Dumped’ England cricket team looking for new sponsor
Johannesburg: The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is looking for a new sponsor for the national team after current sponsor Brit Insurance made it clear they would not renew its contract when it expires in early 2014.
The company`s name appears on all England playing and training kits under a four-year agreement signed in 2010.
The contract is due to expire at the end of the 2013-14 Ashes series in Australia.
“We hope to find someone before spring 2014,” the Sports24 quoted ECB commercial director John Perera, as saying.
“If the logistics work and someone came in early we could do something in time for the (2013-14) Ashes down under,” he added.
Perera estimated that the existing deal with the Brit Insurance was worth up to 18 million pounds.
English cricket will enjoy a high profile next year after the London Olympics overshadowed this season’s Test series with South Africa, a battle for world number one status.
The England team host Australia in a five-Test Ashes series in the middle of next year before the two teams clash again down under in 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report