Dumped’ England cricket team looking for new sponsor
Johannesburg: The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is looking for a new sponsor for the national team after current sponsor Brit Insurance made it clear they would not renew its contract when it expires in early 2014.
The company`s name appears on all England playing and training kits under a four-year agreement signed in 2010.
The contract is due to expire at the end of the 2013-14 Ashes series in Australia.
“We hope to find someone before spring 2014,” the Sports24 quoted ECB commercial director John Perera, as saying.
“If the logistics work and someone came in early we could do something in time for the (2013-14) Ashes down under,” he added.
Perera estimated that the existing deal with the Brit Insurance was worth up to 18 million pounds.
English cricket will enjoy a high profile next year after the London Olympics overshadowed this season’s Test series with South Africa, a battle for world number one status.
The England team host Australia in a five-Test Ashes series in the middle of next year before the two teams clash again down under in 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble