Dumped’ England cricket team looking for new sponsor
Johannesburg: The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is looking for a new sponsor for the national team after current sponsor Brit Insurance made it clear they would not renew its contract when it expires in early 2014.
The company`s name appears on all England playing and training kits under a four-year agreement signed in 2010.
The contract is due to expire at the end of the 2013-14 Ashes series in Australia.
“We hope to find someone before spring 2014,” the Sports24 quoted ECB commercial director John Perera, as saying.
“If the logistics work and someone came in early we could do something in time for the (2013-14) Ashes down under,” he added.
Perera estimated that the existing deal with the Brit Insurance was worth up to 18 million pounds.
English cricket will enjoy a high profile next year after the London Olympics overshadowed this season’s Test series with South Africa, a battle for world number one status.
The England team host Australia in a five-Test Ashes series in the middle of next year before the two teams clash again down under in 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!