Duncan Fletcher supports BCCI’s rejection of Decision Review System
Sydney: Coach Duncan Fletcher has put his support behind the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) rejection of the use of the decision review system technology on the tour of Australia.
Earlier, Fletcher in his book ‘Behind The Shades’ had expressed his support for the introduction of technology in the game, instead of backing the BCCI’s decision to opt against the system in this series.
Left searching for answers after his team capitulated on day one of the second Test, Fletcher was reluctant to speak out and played a straight bat to claims of hypocrisy.
“I think it’s important, at this stage, I’ve got to follow the BCCI. And they’re not very supportive of it at this stage. You can understand it [as] some of the measures they’ve put in place seem to be doubtful on certain occasions and I support the BCCI at this stage in their policy,” Fletcher said.
The first Test in Melbourne was marred by incorrect umpiring decisions and, while the umpires enjoyed a relatively drama-free day yesterday, it remains a talking point in the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?